Date: 1/12/18 4:27 pm
From: Deborah Jamison <woodduck...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Reminder: Welsh Walk Sunday!
Looks like we’ve picked another great day with sun and mild temperatures! If you have RSVPed, no need to do it again. Come celebrate Shelby’s 14th birthday! Read Kristi’s description of the walk below. There’s something for everyone!

DATE: Sunday, January 14, 2018

TIME: 10:30 am meeting time

WHERE: Tresidder Memorial Union, 459 Lagunita Dr, Stanford, CA 94305. See directions below. If using another road to Palo Alto, or just want to visualize the route, use a mapping app (software) and plug in the above address for possible routes. You may need to actually confirm the building on your app’s map as Waze and some other software programs are routing visitors to parking areas rather than buildings.

The WALK: The walking paths are mostly flat, some unpaved and others paved. We’ll go for about 3 miles. We are finalizing the route and we promise a mix of gardens, sculptures, interesting new architecture, and old historic buildings on this sprawling and historic campus known as “the farm”.

For those who don't wish to walk as far, there are several shortcuts that you can take back to Tresidder.

WHO: Welsh Walks are informal get-togethers of Welsh terriers and their family and friends, including other canines, in the San Francisco Bay area and beyond. Join the fun!

PICNIC LUNCH: Following the walk, we will have lunch on tables at Tresiddor Union where you can also purchase food and drink. There's even a Starbucks and Jamba Juice there, and other eateries. You can leave your lunch items in your car since the parking is close to Tresidder.

BRING: Poop bags of course, water for you and your dog, your walking shoes and clothing layers. Also bring lunch food and dog treats for after the walk.

RSVP: Not required but recommended. This allows us to notify people should there be a change in plans.

CANCELLATION: In case of heavy rain, we will cancel the walk. In case iffy weather and light showers are predicted, we will not. If there is any question, contact Deborah at 408-828-2343 or Kristi at 408-313-2716

Feel free to pass this invitation along to anyone with a Welsh or related terrier. Also feel free to bring a friend, human or canine.

I hope to see you in a few days!

Deborah Jamison
cell phone: 408-828-2343
<woodduck...> <mailto:<woodduck...>

Kristi Geerke
cell phone: 408.313.2716
<Krisbob40...> <mailto:<Krisbob40...>

Driving Directions:

DIRECTIONS from Highway 280
From the SOUTH, take Hwy. 280 north and exit (exit 20) onto Page Mill Rd toward Palo Alto.
Stay right to take Page Mill to the east (away from mountains, towards the bay). Travel for approx. 1.5 miles
Turn left onto Junipero Serra Blvd. Travel for 1.43 miles
Turn right onto Campus Dr. East. Travel for approx. 0.5 miles
Turn left onto Mayfield Ave. Travel for 0.09 miles
Take the 1st left to stay on Mayfield Ave. Travel for 0.05 miles
The Tresidder parking lot will be 400 feet ahead on the right hand side of the road
There is no parking fee on Sunday.

From the NORTH, take Hwy. 280 south and exit (exit 22) onto Alpine Rd. toward Palo Alto (away from mountains, towards the bay). Travel for approx. 1.5 miles
Turn right onto Junipero Serra Blvd. Travel for approx. 1.0 miles
Turn left onto Campus Dr. East (second Campus Dr. exit). Travel for approx. 0.5 miles
Turn right onto Mayfield Ave. travel for 0.09 miles
Take the 1st left to stay on Mayfield Ave. travel for 0.05 miles
The Tresidder parking lot will be 400 feet ahead on the right hand side of the road
There is no parking fee on Sunday.

DIRECTIONS from Highway 101 (for those from the East Bay or locations closer to Hwy. 101)
From 101
Take the Embarcadero Rd. (going south on Hwy. 101 the exit is #403 and going north on Hwy. 101 the exit is #402) exit (away from the bay, towards the mountains). Travel for approx. 1.2 miles
Embarcadero Rd becomes Galvez St. (when you are on Stanford Campus at El Camino Real). Travel 0.50 miles
Turn left onto Campus Dr. Travel for approx. 1.14 miles
Turn right onto Mayfield Ave. Travel for 0.09 miles
Take the 1st left to stay on Mayfield Ave. travel for 0.05 miles
The Tresidder parking lot will be 400 feet ahead on the right hand side of the road
There is no parking fee on Sunday.

Join us on Facebook!