Date: 1/12/18 12:06 pm
From: Scott Young <wsyacy...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: New National Institutes of Health eBird hotspot
Hi David,
That sure is reasonable, imho. There is a hotspot at Bethesda Trolley Trail--Battery La.-Woodmont Ave. that is quite close to the pond at the SE corner of NIH. Perhaps that is the same as the stormwater control/mitigation pond and your data could be added to that hotspot. The other spot south and west is outside the NIH fence so seems to me should stay as your personal location! I don't think it matters to the eBird scientists. The NIH consolidation was, in part, to get an idea of what we have seen and are seeing on the campus itself and to remove many personal overlapping spots.