Date: 1/11/18 8:32 am
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Apparent fledgling birds in Portland
Pacific Wren roosts like this are not hard to find because of the droppings
below. These roosts are occupied night after night for long periods. Did
the creepers roost there night after night for a long peroid?
Bob O'Brien

On Thursday, January 11, 2018, David Irons <LLSDIRONS...> wrote:
> Our friend Ann Nightingale up in Victoria BC captured video of a
threesome of Pacific Wrens group roosting like this in her carport. These
are definitely Brown Creepers with those spiney tails.

> Dave Irons
>
> ________________________________
Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
> Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:49 PM
> To: <jeffgilligan10...>
> Cc: <mitch.ratzlaff...>; OBOL Birders Online; Joel Geier
> Subject: [obol] Re: Apparent fledgling birds in Portland
>
> there was an article in Oregon Birds some years ago about creepers
roosting in porch corners in Portland.

> Alan Contreras
> Eugene, Oregon
> <acontrer56...>
> www.alanlcontreras.com
>

> On Jan 10, 2018, at 9:52 PM, Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
wrote:

> They look like Brown Creeper adults.
>

> On Jan 10, 2018, at 10:22 PM, Mitch Ratzlaff <mitch.ratzlaff...>
wrote:
> Speaking of flickers. I’m attaching a photo a friend took today in
Portland of what I think is a pair of young, fledgling, woodpeckers. This
photo shows the birds clinging to a corner, just beneath a porch ceiling.
Im curious as to others’ opinions on the identity of these two birds.
Strange time of year for wall-clinging fledglings, is it not?
> </mail/u/0/s/?view=att&th=160e60214b6034a4&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1>
> Mitch Ratzlaff
> Dallas
> <Mitch.ratzlaff...>

Join us on Facebook!