Date: 1/10/18 7:39 pm
From: 'Mark Obmascik' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Coors Ponds security (Jefferson) No RNGR or LTDU
Pretty amazing that a company doesn't want to show off actual wild creatures living on its property after the same company twice killed almost all fish (tens of thousands) on seven miles of Clear Creek with its industrial spills; pleaded guilty to two criminal violations of state environmental law; and paid more than $1 million of federal fines for leaking toxic solvents into groundwater.
Business News: The Denver Post

| | |

| |
Business News: The Denver Post

Good birding.

Mark ObmascikDenver, CO
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 8:12:16 PM MST, Ira Sanders <zroadrunner14...> wrote:

Birders,Here is a little more on the subject:
Photography may be prohibited or restricted by a property owner on their property. However, a property owner generally cannot restrict the photographing of the property by individuals who are not within the bounds of the property.Photographing private property from within the public domain is not illegal, with the exception of an area that is generally regarded as private, such as a bedroom, bathroom, or hotel room.
 Krages II, Bert P. http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf Retrieved 2009-06-17

Ira SandersGolden, CO

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:59 PM, 'Migrant' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...> wrote:

Several years ago (before I realized that it was controlled by a hunting club) I was headed up the dam at Riverside Reservoir (out near Jackson, in the middle of nowhere, for those who might not be familiar) when a guy roared up in a beat up pickup and asked what I was doing. I attempted to give the usual “birdwatching” while attempting to look as harmless as possible. He informed me that I could not go on the dam. When I inquired what might be the harm in a quick look at the reservoir, he told me that they were on “High Terror Alert” (the capitals are my interpretation of the way I was informed of this).So now we know- if ISIS or Al Tapeworm attacks, be sure you are nowhere near Coors Ponds or Riverside Reservoir. You might pick a safe place, like, oh say, the U.S. Mint or some such.
Norm LewisLakewood

Sent from my iPad
On Jan 10, 2018, at 5:03 PM, W. Robert Shade III <wrshade3...> wrote:

I too was questioned by Coors Company security. I was standing outside the fence (of course!) on the west side scoping the lake for Red-necked Grebe and Long-tailed Duck and found neither. Two drake Red-breasted Mergansers and four Ruddy Ducks. I had only been there fifteen minutes or less when the security truck stopped. She was nice enough but I was informed that this is private property and that Coors does not want people taking photographs. I assured her that all I had were binoculars and scope (thinking "Don't you know the difference?"). All birds were way too far away for the camera and lens in my car anyway.
So two points:1. If you go there best not to have a camera in view.2. Is it legal to prevent photography of private land that is visible from public property? Does Coors Security really have jurisdiction over people on public property or are they just trying to intimidate us? What are they worried about? That some ISIS ninjas will blow up the pond?
Bob ShadeLakewood

Ira SandersGolden, CO"My mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."