Date: 1/10/18 7:12 pm
From: Ira Sanders <zroadrunner14...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Coors Ponds security (Jefferson) No RNGR or LTDU
Birders,
Here is a little more on the subject:

Photography may be prohibited or restricted by a property owner on their
property. However, a property owner generally cannot restrict the
photographing of the property by individuals who are not within the bounds
of the property.
Photographing private property from within the public domain is not
illegal, with the exception of an area that is generally regarded as
private, such as a bedroom, bathroom, or hotel room.
Krages II, Bert P. http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf
Retrieved 2009-06-17

Ira Sanders
Golden, CO

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:59 PM, 'Migrant' via Colorado Birds <
<cobirds...> wrote:

> Several years ago (before I realized that it was controlled by a hunting
> club) I was headed up the dam at Riverside Reservoir (out near Jackson, in
> the middle of nowhere, for those who might not be familiar) when a guy
> roared up in a beat up pickup and asked what I was doing. I attempted to
> give the usual “birdwatching” while attempting to look as harmless as
> possible. He informed me that I could not go on the dam. When I inquired
> what might be the harm in a quick look at the reservoir, he told me that
> they were on “High Terror Alert” (the capitals are my interpretation of the
> way I was informed of this).
> So now we know- if ISIS or Al Tapeworm attacks, be sure you are nowhere
> near Coors Ponds or Riverside Reservoir. You might pick a safe place, like,
> oh say, the U.S. Mint or some such.
>
> Norm Lewis
> Lakewood
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Jan 10, 2018, at 5:03 PM, W. Robert Shade III <wrshade3...>
> wrote:
>
> I too was questioned by Coors Company security. I was standing outside the
> fence (of course!) on the west side scoping the lake for Red-necked Grebe
> and Long-tailed Duck and *found neither*. Two drake Red-breasted
> Mergansers and four Ruddy Ducks. I had only been there fifteen minutes or
> less when the security truck stopped. She was nice enough but I was
> informed that this is private property and that Coors does not want people
> taking photographs. I assured her that all I had were binoculars and scope
> (thinking "Don't you know the difference?"). All birds were way too far
> away for the camera and lens in my car anyway.
>
> So two points:
> 1. If you go there best not to have a camera in view.
> 2. Is it legal to prevent photography of private land that is visible from
> public property? Does Coors Security really have jurisdiction over people
> on public property or are they just trying to intimidate us? What are they
> worried about? That some ISIS ninjas will blow up the pond?
>
> Bob Shade
> Lakewood
>
> --
> msgid/cobirds/CAFwvYHp%3DirrmgtLzaiobyBt%2B8rFFZ0zL2YSTyzTrSwMtY4mc5g%
> 40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAFwvYHp%3DirrmgtLzaiobyBt%<2B8rFFZ0zL2YSTyzTrSwMtY4mc5g...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
> --
> msgid/cobirds/<EE7709CF-8C27-4E15-A981-08DD8C6ECEB7...>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<EE7709CF-8C27-4E15-A981-08DD8C6ECEB7...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Ira Sanders
Golden, CO
"My mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading
into a waterfall of creative alternatives."