Date: 1/10/18 12:11 pm
From: Laura Paulson <laura...>
Subject: [texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Jan 10, 2018
Greetings TexBirders,
We took a different approach on this morning's bird walk and went out to
Pintail Lakes before the wind picked up. We sure were glad we did! Northern
Bobwhites on the service road got us doing a happy dance and two Ringed
Kingfishers made the hike out to the ponds well worthwhile. Current low
water levels made for great shorebird viewing and snipe were popping up all
over like popcorn. Valves are open now and the water is rising. It will be
interesting to see who moves in and who leaves as conditions change.
Guided bird walks leave the Visitor Center at 8:30 am Monday through
Saturday. Every day is different. Come join us and see what tomorrow's walk
will bring!

Laura and Steve Paulson
USFWS Volunteers
Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge