Date: 1/9/18 10:02 pm
From: laura davis <000000177bab20ae-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Swans at Maumelle Country Club
Had the same thing happen to me today with "Decoy" mute swans on a lake at golf course apartments on Boone Rd Bryant, AR. Snuck around the golf course trying to get closer. Drove into the apartments parked and went out back and got to the fence and took pics before they flew off...then noticed with bins a strange line at base of one of their necks. The one that kept his neck straight. Got a good laugh at myself over that one.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 6:31 PM, Elizabeth Shores<efshores...> wrote: THANK YOU! We realized a couple of days ago they had to be fake. It took us a while because who knew anyone installs fake swans on a pond??
We are new to Maumelle and are thrilled by the variety of bird life we are seeing through our back windows. Lots of warblers, woodpeckers, bluebirds, ducks, red-tailed hawks, even a Bald Eagle. Today I enjoyed the croaking of a Great Blue while I dug holes for transplants. I also observed three gulls swooping around and over the pond. Unfortunately, I can’t see them well enough to pinpoint identification.
Elizabeth

Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 8, 2018, at 4:54 PM, Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...> wrote:

The "swans" in the ponds at the Maumelle Country Club are decorative swans that faintly resemble Mute Swans.  They were placed in the golf course ponds several months ago. They drift around a slight bit but have managed to stay upright and not footless like Ed's "swans".  I have had live Mute Swans on the lake behind my house a few times over the last few years.  So, these decorative swans did give me a bit of a start when I first drove past and saw them on the golf course ponds, which are very close to my house. Had to laugh when I realized they were fake.  I guess the club owners wanted to "fancy up" the golf course.

There are a number of live Mute Swans scattered around Little Rock.  I have a couple of regulars on Foreman Lake in my Little Rock CBC territory each year.
Karen HollidayMaumelle/Little Rock

Join us on Facebook!