Date: 1/9/18 2:37 pm
From: Dennis Shepler <dawgler...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Glaucous, Iceland, 7 Bonaparte's Gulls - Imperial Reservoir (Pecos Co.)
The gate to the lake was open when Bob Friedrichs and I were there last
month and we drove in. Saw vehicles (trucks and motorcycles) parked at the
first house.Talked to a fellow named Chuck who lives on the property and
obtained permission to bird the lake. A very nice fellow.
Not sure if Chuck had the authority to let us bird the area but we took him
at his word. He mentioned that another fellow lived a bit farther along
the shoreline and that the gate to his property was closed. We drove to
that point and then Bob walked along the shoreline to the backside of the
lake for looks at the gulls. I stayed at the car and scanned the middle of
the lake.
I hope that any birders visiting the lake will heed signs, be courteous,
and immediately ask permission, if someone is around, before proceeding.
Maybe Mark will be able to obtain more info from the county as to possible
continued access to the property.
Dennis

--
W. Dennis Shepler