Date: 1/8/18 9:47 am
From: Jeff Gibson <gibsondesign...>
Subject: [Tweeters] The Quick Flip
Back at Alzheimer's Acre, where things are getting a bit dicey.
The place does have a lot of natural action going though.
For one thing there's Bald Eagles.l'm looking at one right now in the "eagle tree" about a hundred yards away. This is their viewing post with a territorial Sound view. They mainly roost on a long mostly bare branch, which I suspect is mostly bare from decades of eagles perching. Now the pair is up there .
The nest is in a dense block of tall firs
nearer to the house - I know right where it is but it's well hidden. It must be fairly huge by now as they're nesting material up there all the time - yesterday it was grass - they've been at for years.
Yesterday I saw the quickest eagle move ever. The eagle was on a fast glide (it was windy) when it turned upside down quick as a wink and very narrowly missed grabbing a crow that was riding it tail. Alas.

Jeff Gibson
Port Townsend WA

Sent from my iPhone

Tweeters mailing list