Date: 1/7/18 2:35 pm
From: Ryan Winkleman <rswinkleman...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Orange County Tropical Parula access
We are continuing to attempt to gain official access for birders to see the
Tropical Parula in Huntington Beach, which is on private property. After
explaining the significance of the finding to the property's
representative, there appears to be a decent chance that *controlled*
groups of birders *with prior permission from the property management* may
be allowed to continue to see the bird in the future. Birders who do not
have this permission and who are not part of these organized groups will
not be tolerated on the property and may affect future access for all
birders.

We do not know what the timeline for this decision will be, but information
about the bird and the desire for future access has been sent to the
property manager already, and we will provide an update when we have one.
If you happen to know the location of the bird, we ask that you please do
not attempt to enter the complex without permission, as this may affect the
property manager's decision about future access.

If you use eBird, please do not post the bird at this time. Given the
sensitivity of the situation, our Orange County team is still evaluating
the best approach to take, and we will provide an update when we decide
what that is.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation as we attempt to make this
happen.

Ryan Winkleman
Rancho Santa Margarita, Orange County

Join us on Facebook!