Date: 1/7/18 8:43 am
From: Eric Feuss <ericfeuss...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Red-naped Sapsucker near Quail Hollow Ranch County Park (SC)
Yesterday, I went looking for the adult male Black-chinned Hummingbird reported on the Santa Cruz CBC, seen along Marion Avenue.

Just past the SLV district offices, the manzanitas along this 'sandy' section of road are in full bloom; hummingbirds (Anna's) are all over the area in high density.
Opposite the yellow 15 mph 'twisting' road sign is a small pullout.  Parking in the pullout, facing the SLV district offices (back toward Quail Hollow Road), one is facing a small young stand of acacia trees.  An adult male Red-naped Sapsucker was in this stand between 3 and 3:30 pm yesterday.  I saw no old sapsuckers drill holes, only the fresh ones this individual was making.

Happy birding,Eric