Date: 1/6/18 9:53 am
Subject: Re: American Woodcock continues in our yard, James Is, SC
Seems to be happening all over. We’ve had a number seen in the yards in Oriental, NC, I saw 1 off our driveway just outside Oriental & I know I’ve seen postings from others on CarolinaBirds. Does anyone know—are these birds here all the time, just forced out in the open to find food? Or did they somehow get caught up in Grayson?

Sheryl

> On Jan 6, 2018, at 10:14 AM, Dennis Forsythe (via carolinabirds Mailing List) <carolinabirds...> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> We were thrilled to see the American Woodcock in our back yard a few minutes ago.
>
> Dennis
>
> --
> Dennis M. Forsythe PhD
> South Carolina Christmas Bird Count Editor
> South Carolina Ebutterfly Reviewer
> Emeritus Professor of Biology
> The Citadel
> 171 Moultrie St,