Date: 1/5/18 3:24 pm
From: Candace Havely <kansas592...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Short-eared Owl - Howard County
My Mark saw his life Short-eared Owl tonight in Howard County! A single owl
was hunting right north of Hwy 9. The bird perched on a low stick and we
got good looks from the car. Beautiful! Mark said, "It flies like a
bat..."... Yes, I said! I'm going to make a birder out of him yet!

Candace Havely
Waterloo, Iowa
Black Hawk County