Date: 1/4/18 5:22 pm
From: Randy Wardle <wrwardle...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Rock wren near Hidden Beach
The Rock Wren discovered several days ago by Roseanne Prevost-Morgan continued today in large boulders at the southern most end of the long seawall to the south of Hidden Beach in Aptos. It was very tame and cooperative for photos as it hopped around the boulders. At one point if came within 3 feet of me in the ice plant. A Say's Phoebe was following the wren around keeping a constant eye on it. Norman Uyeda met me there and was able to view the bird as well. With all the people and dogs moving continuously in the area, I would recommend going to see this bird in the next day or two before it decides to continue on. Here is a link to my eBird report with multiple photos of the wren.

Good birding,

Randy Wardle