Date: 1/4/18 12:16 pm
From: <brian...>
Subject: Falls - Beaverdam bonanza continues…
Hi all,

BRRRRRR!  It was very cold at Beaverdam. 20-25 mph wind in my face trying to count the over 1000 birds.  Seriously, I had to quit after about 15 min. and move to where I could hide behind a large sign near the dam.  If you enter the HWY 50 boat ramp, and make first left after the entrance booth, park and walk down hill to your left, you will be in for a treat.  Today the water was totally unfrozen so the birds were further away then Ed Corey experienced yesterday.  Nothing rare, but 15 min. was only time for a quick count.  With the upcoming low temps things will probably ice up again, but I’ll wait for the wind to quiet. I visited Lake Crabtree yesterday after hearing from Harry, simply incredible!

Brian Murphy
Durham NC

3
Gadwall