Date: 1/4/18 10:24 am
From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Welcoming Message of ABA
I saw several Iiwis on y one visit to Hawaii, in 1976.  They are awesome!

Wayne
On 1/4/2018 10:14:55 AM, Tom Crabtree <tc...> wrote:
I found the message from the ABA President, Jeff Gordon apropos of a recent thread:

“Birders know well that the healthiest, most dynamic choruses contain many different voices. The birding community encompasses a wide variety of interests, talents, and convictions. All are welcome. If you like birding, we want to hear from you.”

Having had several days of freezing fog in Bend, I find the thought of morning choruses particularly delightful, as is the thought of chasing the ABA bird of the year: http://blog.aba.org/2018/01/introducing-the-2018-bird-of-the-year.html [http://blog.aba.org/2018/01/introducing-the-2018-bird-of-the-year.html] .

In other news, it appears that the Emperor Goose isn’t around anymore.  The last time it was seen was early morning on New Year’s Day.

Tom Crabtree, Bend

Join us on Facebook!