Date: 1/4/18 8:25 am
From: Janice Frye via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: Re: [Va-bird] diving Mallards??!!
Seen it in the James at Richmond, probably other places that escape memory
at the moment.

Jan

On Jan 4, 2018 6:10 AM, "David Gibson via va-bird" <va-bird...>
wrote:

I'm curious if folks out there have ever seen Mallards diving for food.
I've birded a long time, but observed this behavior for the first time on
1/1 in the Elizabeth River (near the shore and at low tide). I was stunned,
wiped my eyes several times is disbelief, and observed the behavior
again--and again. We aren't talking about long dives here. But we are
talking about complete submersion. So cool. Dave Gibson, Chesapeake
*** You are subscribed to va-bird as <byrdnyrd33...> If you wish to
https://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/va-bird ***