Date: 1/3/18 9:32 pm
From: Sharon F1727 <sharonf1727...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Mesa neighborhood Ruddy Ground-Dove question
I believe that the Mesa neighborhood Ruddy Ground-Dove is being seen at a
private residence -- possibly Jay Miller's house? I noticed that some
birders are not eBirding the location precisely, as though the homeowner is
trying to protect their privacy, but other birders have commented on their
eBird lists that the homeowner is "birder friendly." Does anybody know if
birders are welcome, and if so, what the protocol for visitors is? Thanks!

Sharon Forsyth
Washington, DC

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 6:20 AM, Jay Miller <arizonajay23...> wrote:

> Had the Ruddy Ground -Dove yesterday, 1-1, and three visitors were not
> disappointed! Seen every day.
>
> Heard my first White-winged Dove of the year at 8:14! I can see two that
> have territories in bare trees. They chase Eurasian Collared Doves and pump
> their tails like it's mid Summer. Had a juv. with parent in the yard in
> March last year.
>
> 33 species, 5 not heard: Red-Tailed Hawk, Peregrine Falcon, American
> Kestrel, Rock Pigeon, and Spotted Towhee. Only heard wings of Mourning Dove.
>
> Very few Sharp-shinned Hawks, just enough to make things interesting.
>
> Good Birding!!
>
> Jay Miller
> Mesa, Az

Sharon Forsyth