Date: 1/3/18 5:02 pm
From: G & J Fenton Friesen <friesen.fenton...>
Subject: Snowy Owl Reno County
My wife joined me on a trip to Hutchinson today. We found the Snowy Owl
seen by others. It was 1/4 mile south and to the east from the corner of
US 50 and Yoder/Airport Road (Yoder Rd to the south and Airport to the
north). The bird was sitting on a terrace in a wheat field preening and at
times tucking it's head under a wing. I did manage some low grade photos
which I'll post to ebird.

On the way home we tried for the HV County Dutch Ave bird but dipped. We
drove home through Harvey County West Park and managed to see a Pileated
Woodpecker loping across the sky and listened to Barred Owl calling shortly
before sunset.

Great day to get off work a bit early.

--
Gregg & Joanna Fenton Friesen