Date: 1/3/18 9:23 am
From: Bob <rflores_2...>
Subject: [obol] Re: CBC etiquette
Jeff,
Thank you for your opinion I will stick to mine.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA

On Jan 3, 2018, at 09:14, Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...><mailto:<jeffgilligan10...>> wrote:

I am saddened to read this, and understand why you are were offended. Your relationship is not evil and I am sure that no punishment awaits you in an after life.

That written, and while the pamphlet should not have been handed to you, I will suggest though that the person who gave it to you was not bigoted. Instead, his motive appears to have been to save you from what he believes will be punishment in an after life, and he spoke about “God’s love”. He didn’t act like the "religious” nut cases who chant about the deseased burning in hell outside military funerals. The following is the definition of a bigot:

"a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance"

The operative words are “hatred and intolerance”, whiich I don’t think were the case. I think though that people who are religious should understand that we all know the religious teachings written by monks about 2,000 years ago, and don’t need to be reminded.

All the best to you and Hendrik, and lets not be too hard on the guy who was doing what he thought was something beneficial.

Jeff

On Jan 2, 2018, at 1:20 AM, Oscar Harper <oeharper3...><mailto:<oeharper3...>> wrote:

Keep your bigotry and politics at home.

After a great count and a wonderful Newport countdown we were shocked to be handed an Anti-gay (we are sinners but god still loves us blah blah) pamphlet by an "esteemed" Oregon birder as we were getting in the car to leave. Wow! What a downer way to end a great day, After 25 years together we still have to deal with idiots like him.

Hope everyone had a fun "first day of the year" birding time today.

Oscar

Join us on Facebook!