Date: 1/3/18 9:03 am
From: Bill Bousman <barlowi...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [SBB] Ogier Ponds Access
Folks:

You can also access the ponds from the north or south.  From the north,
there is parking near where the Coyote Creek Trail crosses what used to
be called Riverside Golf Course Road off of Monterey, but now may be
named Coyote Creek Golf Drive.  From there it is about 2 miles to
Barnhart (there is a gate that may be locked on the road to the golf
course so you need to access the parking from Monterey Road.  Or you can
park at the start of the Coyote Creek Trail at the end of Malaguerra
Avenue and it is about 2.6 miles on the trail.

Bill

On 1/2/2018 11:23 PM, David Nickerson <davidnickerson...>
[south-bay-birds] wrote:
> I was at Ogier several weeks ago and the road/culvert is still completely washed out. There were no signs that any repairs have even begun, so it may be a while.
> You can still access some of the ponds from the trailhead at Ogier Avenue, though.
>
> David Nickerson
>

> On Jan 2, 2018, at 7:13 PM, Brooke Miller <idbirds...> [south-bay-birds] wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have not been to Ogier Ponds since before last winter’s rains. Is the access road we’ve all used in the past open? Looking at Google maps this looks to be Barnhart Avenue. If not, is there an alternate?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brooke Miller

> Yahoo Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: