Date: 1/2/18 9:37 pm
From: Mike & MerryLynn <m.denny...>
Subject: [inland-NW-birders] Walla Walla County January 1 Big Day results
Hello all,

Thanks to 15 dedicated birders on January 1 we beat our record by 1 this
year. Found 117 species in Walla Walla County - despite the cold and icy
conditions. Misses - Mew Gull, Great Egret, Red-breasted Merganser,
Golden Eagle, Ruffed Grouse, Pygmy Owl, Crossbill, Cassin's Finch and
Redpoll. And no Snowy Owl. Even the pipits were gone and no Anna's
Hummers despite 1 report on the 31st.

Did find a Ferruginous Hawk, Swamp Sparrow, Northern Goshawk and all the
expected waterfowl.

Ended 2017 with 257 species in the county - our record is 262.

Complete list at blumtn.org under county birds.

Have a birdy 2018 from Mike & MerryLynn

--
Mike & MerryLynn Denny
Birding the Beautiful Walla Walla Valley