Date: 1/2/18 6:33 pm
From: Ric Zarwell <birdingricz...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Year of the Bird
Excellent, important and well-worded post, Doug. Thank you for sharing.

It’s very nice to see 4 high profile NGOs working together to make this the Year of the Bird, as well as focusing on the title appearing on the National Geographic I received today: “Why Birds Matter.” Birds have done and are doing so much for many of us! If we all work together with passion and commitment we can do a great deal more for them!

I can’t wait for January 19th to experience the Planet of Birds program on NatGeo WILD, my favorite TV channel.

The vitally important Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA) is 100-years old this year, and it is indeed under assault, perhaps like never before. Those interested in birds and their well-being should understand the details. The explanation is quite brief. After reading, form your own opinions: http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw7uqNnTc <http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw7uqNnTc> .

Thanks for your interest.

Ric

Ric Zarwell
Lansing, Allamakee County