Date: 1/2/18 4:37 pm
Subject: Re: Possible Snowy Owl @ Summerville SC
It was not a Barn Owl as Craig Watson and I recently photographed a Barn Owl in daylight during the Winyah CBC, it did not have a heart-shaped face. I have never encountered an owl that would let me chase it like cat and mouse game and as soon as our winter storm passes in Charleston I will try to relocate.
Pam Ford
Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 2, 2018, at 7:19 PM, Steve Compton <scompton1251...> wrote:
>
> Pam,
>
> Also consider Barn. Looks very pale in poor light.
>
> Steve Compton
>
> PS: It is supposed to be a good Snowy year.
>
> Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
>> On 2 Jan 2018 7:02 pm, Pamela Ford <carolinabirds...> wrote:
>>
>> I was at the Azalea Square shopping center at dusk today, at 5:55 an owl flew into a 20 foot leafless tree in front of me at Target. The owl was not brown like a Barred Owl, and not pure white like an adult snowy but I was able to make out the face and saw white in the wings with heavy barring. As i approached the owl it took flight and I followed it across the parking lot to a perch in another tree near a dumpster, i continued to try and relocate it as it would take flight as I approached and got closer, i was on foot and did not have Binos or camera with me but after flushing Owl from tree to tree at least 3 times i felt i might be stressing the Owl. Especially since i last located it above a dumpster. I do not know for sure if it was a Snowy but wanted to get the word out.
>> Pam Ford
>> Charleston
>>
>> Bird On!
>> Sent from my iPad