Date: 1/2/18 4:25 pm
From: Bob <rflores_2...>
Subject: [obol] Re: CBC etiquette
Thanks Dave,
We as a community need to come out and show our displeasure for hatred toward any person, PERIOD. I have added my side of the river onto this string of emails because we all should be aware and see this as a awareness and learning experience. Hendrik and Oscar I do not know you personally but if we cross paths please take the time to say hi.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA

On Jan 2, 2018, at 14:37, David Irons <llsdirons...><mailto:<llsdirons...>> wrote:

To whom it may concern,

If you are the un-named person who did this and you are an OBOL subscriber (or learn about this post some other way), I ask that you refrain from any effort to interact with me in the field, in this forum, or via private email. While we may share a common interest in birds, that is not nearly enough for me to look past this behavior, or the misguided values that spawn it and continue dealing with you in a congenial manner. This may seem harsh, but I draw a hard line when it comes to bigotry and I suspect many others in this forum feel likewise.

Hendrik and Oscar are treasured friends. I stand resolutely with them and any other LGBT members of the Oregon birding who may be the targets of this sort of hateful behavior.

Dave Irons

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 2, 2018, at 11:16 AM, Range Bayer <range.bayer...><mailto:<range.bayer...>> wrote:

Hi,

I agree with Roy and everyone else. This makes me sick whether it
happened in my home county of Lincoln County or elsewhere.

There does not appear to be any refuge left from such bigotry. Not
even in doing a CBC...

Range Bayer, Newport, Oregon.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 10:36 AM, Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii...><mailto:<roy.loweiii...>> wrote:

Oscar & Hendrik

I’m so sorry this happened to you in my home county. Absolutely appalling behavior by this individual.

2017 clearly demonstrated that bigotry and ignorance is widespread in our country and unfortunately that includes Lincoln County, Oregon. Here’s hoping for a more loving 2018.

Roy

On Jan 2, 2018, at 12:20 AM, Oscar Harper <oeharper3...><mailto:<oeharper3...>> wrote:

Keep your bigotry and politics at home.

After a great count and a wonderful Newport countdown we were shocked to be handed an Anti-gay (we are sinners but god still loves us blah blah) pamphlet by an "esteemed" Oregon birder as we were getting in the car to leave. Wow! What a downer way to end a great day, After 25 years together we still have to deal with idiots like him.

Hope everyone had a fun "first day of the year" birding time today.

Oscar

POST: Send your post to <obol...><mailto:<obol...>
OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol<http://www.freelists.org/archive/obol>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...><mailto:<obol-moderators...>

POST: Send your post to <obol...><mailto:<obol...>
OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol<http://www.freelists.org/archive/obol>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...><mailto:<obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!