Date: 1/2/18 3:39 pm
From: <bettinae869...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Coastal CBC
Please cool your jets Jim, I am new to this Compiler thing! Hahaha.
Jk, I have not received all reports yet. But, I should have heard of any surprises, and I did not. So, the number I have now is 197, with 9 "Count Week" birds. I will double check on any "known" rarities to make sure they have been seien already in the first part of the count week. If not, I will let you know later, outside of this forum. So you may have a birding assignment tomorrow.

Btw, you asked of any surprises, the only ones o know about, were two I found. I had a Western Flycatcher in a private area. And, a female Hooded Oriole at Tewinkle Park. It was actually across the street from the "park proper". It flew from a backyard on the corner to the tall trees near the skate park. I watched it for quite awhile and got some lousy pictures I shared with Doug Willick.

If any other surprises arise, I will post them as I hear about them. But, I don't anticipate anything like that.

Bird Every Moment,
Bettina Eastman
Huntington Beach
(New) Coastal CBC Compiler

------------------------------------
Posted by: <bettinae869...>
------------------------------------

Reports and bird identities are neither edited nor verified. Use at your own risk. Please consult the standard reference books for proper bird identification & currently accepted names. Please do NOT use abbreviations or acronyms in lieu of names. Both scientific and/or common names of birds are acceptable.

All posts must be on-topic: about birds/birding in Orange County, California (nowhere else!). Your posts must include both a clear subject line *and* your name *and your city of residence*. Off-topic posts will be deleted and the sender put on moderated status. Repeat offenders will be banned.

To search for a bird discussed in past messages, browse or search the archives at:

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)