Date: 1/2/18 2:39 pm
From: Ellen Tushar <etushar...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Benton County - Fox Sparrow
On New Years Eve we found a Fox Sparrow visiting our feeders and hoped to add it to our 2018 list.

Luckily, it was back on the 1st and again today.

This is an unusual January yard bird for us. We usually see one in March and I don’t recall seeing one on multiple days.

It is also the first time I’ve seen a Fox Sparrow visit a platform feeder where it seemed to be trying to blend in with the female purple finches.

Thanks,

Ellen Tushar
Benton County