Date: 1/2/18 10:13 am
From: <cotingas...>
Subject: [obol] Re: CBC etiquette
Oscar,

Joan and I just read about your incident and feel the same way as Tom does. And if Bend is a bit congested for your liking please consider attending our small, remote and often snowy and freezing cold Burns and P-ranch Christmas Bird counts in Harney county (you need some Harney County winter ebird lists!). We have a very warm great Burns CBC countdown and dinner with awards ( 27 bottles of tequila, vodka, gin and bourbon were awarded this year and wildlife books for the non drinkers on the Burns CBC) and free lodging at the refuge volunteer house at P-ranch for the refuge count. We also provide free lodging at our house for the Burns count. Overflow is with Blondo the horse and Rosie mule, but still heated (gas can be a problem and our bacyyard coyotes howl part of the night!). 2017 results: 61 species on the Refuge count and 66 on the Burns count.

Cheers

Rick Vetter
and Joan Suther

Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 2, 2018, at 9:30 AM, Tom Crabtree <tc...> wrote:
>
> Oscar, that is beyond horrible. You and Hendrik have added so much to the Oregon birding community. I am appalled that this happened to you, let alone at a CBC. Please know that those views are not shared by the vast majority of us. We would welcome you two on the Bend Christmas Count anytime.
>
> Here’s to better birding and less bigotry in the coming year!
>
> Tom Crabtree, Bend

Join us on Facebook!