Date: 1/2/18 10:07 am
From: John Polo <jpolo...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Lane Co. REDPOLLS (with photos)
OBOListas,
The redpolls are present at 10am. They are in an alder between the EWEB
building and the river. The tree is positioned along sidewalk between the
little plaza of the building and the parking lot on south side of
building currently.

Happy New Year and good birding,
John Polo
Eugene

On Monday, January 1, 2018, Katie McInnis <katminrin...> wrote:

> Redpolls still present at 2:45, same tree!
>
> On Jan 1, 2018 11:22 AM, "Alan Contreras" <acontrer56...> wrote:
>
>> Redpolls continue at 11:15 at ivy covered tree by the square arch over
>> the riverside bike path just SE of the small plaza by the EWEB building.
>>
>> Alan Contreras
>> Eugene, Oregon
>>
>> <acontrer56...>
>>
>> www.alanlcontreras.com
>>

>> On Jan 1, 2018, at 9:57 AM, Thomas Meinzen <thomasmeinzen...>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Had a great start to the new year with a pair of COMMON REDPOLLS feeding
>> on alder cones along the Willamette River in Eugene this morning,
>> originally found by Diane Horgan and her team yesterday on the Eugene CBC.
>>
>> Pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/s26KWmaCv9um3toi1
>>
>> The redpolls were feeding on the cones of a large alder covered in ivy,
>> just south of the River Edge Public Plaza (with fountain and EWEB
>> building). Exact location here: https://goo.gl/maps/PQHzw19hRbs
>>
>> They were virtually silent the whole time, and fed close together in the
>> alder, but were very cooperative. There are quite a number of alders along
>> this 150 m stretch of the bike path, so I would bet they'll be findable
>> there for at least a day or two. That is, if the MERLIN I biked past
>> hunting just to the north doesn't get them first!
>>
>> Happy 2018!
>> Thomas

Join us on Facebook!