Date: 1/2/18 8:58 am
From: Christy P <passerculus...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Black Phoebe relocated, Adams County
The Black Phoebe was still present at approx. 3:30 yesterday afternoon,
same location on the South Platte. Incidentally - this is an excellent
waterfowl and gull viewing location. Between the wastewater ponds about
0.25-0.5 mile further northward along the trail and the outfall with
warmer, churning water it seems to really attract a lot of birdlife. If
anyone else makes the trip to this spot, I’d encourage you to carry on
along the trail.

That said, it is the SP River in Denver, so prepare for the high potential
of a homeless population also.

Christy Payne,
Wheat Ridge

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 11:53 AM Marcia Canter <bomaanka...> wrote:

> Hi CoBirders
> I was able to relocate the Black Phoebe today at about 9:55 at the sewage
> treatment plant along the S. Platte in Adams County. It was just at the
> bridge that crosses the Platte there. I had good views as it was
> flycatching and returning to the same location. Black with white belly that
> forms a peak towards chest. Head feathers are somewhat raised in back.
> Bob Canter, Denver
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<04536942-4b81-41bc-a7e2-0c6f051e2b32...>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<04536942-4b81-41bc-a7e2-0c6f051e2b32...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>