Date: 1/1/18 5:34 pm
From: Kyle Leader <kchuckles11...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Ocean Shores New Year's Day
Hi Tweets, I decided to start my birding year at Ocean Shores and had a very productive day. Firstly, the Ross's Goose found on Christmas continues at the Ocean Shores Golf Course. All three rock pipers were on the jetty as well as a female Black Scoter mixed in with some Surf Scoters. At the Oyhut game range I found a juvenile Gyrfalcon. I first spotted it on a log, it flew a short distance and landed on one of the dunes. After a few minutes it flew east and I was unable to relocate it. I made a quick stop at the interpretive center, but didn't see or hear any White-winged Crossbills. Below are links to photos of the goose and the falcon. Happy new year and good birding.
Kyle Leader <kchuckles11...>
  Gyrfalcon

| | |

| |