Date: 1/1/18 11:01 am
From: Gabriel Mapel via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] G. White-fronted Geese (29) in Augusta County
Hi all,
Allen Larner and I are birding around Augusta County today and wanted to get the word out about our new peak winter count of Greater White-fronted Geese. We've had 29 GWF Geese today: 13 continuing birds at the Long Meadow Rd pond, 3 continuing birds at the Fishersville Quarry, and a new group of 13 birds at the private pond off of Bell's Lane.

Other highlights for us so far today have included the continuing Trumpeter Swan and Snow Goose at the Annamarie Estates ponds off Hwy 254 in Northern Waynesboro, and 10 Cackling Geese (1 at the Fishersville Quarry and 9 at the private pond off Bell's Lane).

Happy New Year,
Gabriel Mapel
New Hope

Sent from my iPhone