Date: 12/31/17 5:34 pm
From: 'Dave Weber' <dwbirdster...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Barrow's Dec 31
I went to Shoreline Park in Mtn View late this afternoon hoping to bag the
Barrow's Goldeneye as a last-minute year bird. Already missed it several
times on both pond A1 and the lake. I found it on pond A1 at 3:30pm far
across the SW corner of the pond. It was among about two dozen male Common
Goldeneyes and many females scattered about. Also out there was a male
Hooded Merganser. I had just seen a male Hooded a few minutes earlier on
Shoreline Lake - don't know if it's the same bird. Many Redheads are still
on A1. On Dec 26 I saw one male Eurasian Wigeon among the hundreds of
Americans on A1.

Dave Weber,

Milpitas

Join us on Facebook!