Date: 12/31/17 4:05 pm
From: Eric Ellingson <abriteway...>
Subject: [Tweeters] White-winged Crossbill, Ferndale WA. My last bird of the year.
On my last day to get to 205 for the year on my 2017 eBird list I was able to find a flock of about 9 White-winged Crossbills foraging in rather low alders along Grandview Rd near the refinery. One of the local security guards stopped and tracked me down wondering if I was ok. I'd left my car window open, keys in the car when I ran across the road into the field/woods to get a better look. Ended the year with 204. Never did get my Common Redpolls.

The leucistic Red-tailed Hawk was also seen flying overhead in that area.

https://flic.kr/p/J7qEfB

[cid:f70eedc0-7829-4a69-a791-9b1dd82008d0]White-winged Crossbill<https://flic.kr/p/J7qEfB>
Last bird of the year on my 2017 eBird list for a Whatcom County total of 204

[https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4645/27639694599_ce54caae0b_b.jpg] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ericellingson/27639694599/>
[https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4645/27639694599_ce54caae0b_b.jpg]

Eric Ellingson / ABriteWay Inc.
360-319-3548 / <abriteway...>