Date: 12/31/17 2:26 pm
From: James V Remsen <najames...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Common Merganser St. Gabriel
Although the bird was seen subsequently yesterday, it was not present by 4 PM, and I also did not see it today at about 3 PM. No surprise that it didn’t stick — the pond is really just a large mucky cattle pond that seldom has any ducks at all.

===================

Dr. J. V. Remsen
Prof. of Natural Science and Curator of Birds
Museum of Natural Science/Dept. Biological Sciences
LSU, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
najames<at>LSU.edu

> On Dec 30, 2017, at 7:50 AM, James V Remsen <najames...> wrote:
>
> Flushed a female Common Merganser but relocated it on another pond just N. of St. Gabriel Ag Center (Repro Biology) entrance on Hwy 30. Backed away to not flush. Should be visible from highway or entrance road with scope. ABSOLUTELY NO TRESPASSING.

> Dr. J. V. Remsen
> Prof. of Natural Science and Curator of Birds
> Museum of Natural Science/Dept. Biological Sciences
> LSU, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
> najames<at>LSU.edu

Join us on Facebook!