Date: 12/30/17 11:13 am
From: Lee Jaffe <leejaffe54...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] Lands Pass
James,

That's good to know. Did you get a one-day pass or annual? Do they sell
both. I'd wondered how it worked with Elkhorn Slough, since they already
charged fees for entry. (Maybe that was a Lands Pass all along?) I
suppose those places with offices or kiosks can manage the pass business.
Yolo is going to be a mess until the word gets out since there is no office
or kiosk. Ironically, when I first got there on the 25th, it was closed
completely (the upper gate was locked with a sign "no entry by car or on
foot") but I could see people walking there with their big Black Lab, off
leash chasing birds. When I went back on the 26th, my wife confronted a
family with 3 off-leash terriers chasing birds. I wonder if they will be
as good at enforcing Lands Passes as they are about monitoring the no dogs
rule.

Lee