Date: 12/30/17 11:02 am
From: Aaron Brees <aebrees...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Red Rock, Neal Smith area
This morning the only open water I could find at Red Rock was below the
dam. Eleven species of waterfowl included 3 AMERICAN BLACK DUCKS and 1
LONG-TAILED DUCK. Also present were single coot and pelican. Only two
individual gulls were present, but one was the first year GREAT
BLACK-BACKED GULL that has been bouncing around central Iowa this month.

On the drive home, I stopped to look at a big flock of House Sparrows and
found a EURASIAN TREE SPARROW. This was between Neal Smith NWR and the
Jasper/Polk border--exact location here:
https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41438807

Aaron Brees
Polk City, Iowa
http://www.flickr.com/photos/abrees/