Date: 12/29/17 5:19 pm
From: Siobhan Ruck <siobhan.ruck...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] Re: Count week ends 12/30 - "missed" species update
Turns out that there were black turnstones but I apparently didn’t hear people respond when we called out.

Marbled Murrelet is an addition to the list, though - Thank you!

At this point, the “missed list” is:

> > Wood Duck
> > Green Heron
> > Ridgeway’s Rail (formerly Clapper Rail)
> > Red Knot
> > Horned Lark

Hopefully weekend birding opportunities will turn up one or more of the holdouts.

Siobhan

> On Dec 29, 2017, at 4:51 PM, Brian Fitch <fogeggs...> wrote:
>
> Two Marbled Murrelets flew by the Sutro Baths terrace this morning, 12/29..
>
> Amazing that no one had Black Turnstone, but I didn't see any today either.
>
> Brian Fitch
>
> On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 2:31 PM, Siobhan Ruck <siobhan.ruck...> <mailto:<siobhan.ruck...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...> <mailto:<SFBirds-noreply...>> wrote:
> Correction - we did have Wandering Tattler and Am Goldfinch on count day. I apparently didn’t hear them called out at the count dinner. Still hoping for the others...
>
> > On Dec 29, 2017, at 2:00 PM, Siobhan Ruck <siobhan.ruck...> <mailto:<siobhan.ruck...>> wrote:
> >
> > It’s not too late to add to the Christmas Count week list. There were a few misses on 12/27 that might turn up with a little luck:
> >
> > Wood Duck
> > Green Heron
> > Ridgeway’s Rail (formerly Clapper Rail)
> > Wandering Tattler
> > Black Turnstone or Ruddy Turnstone
> > Red Knot
> > Marbled Murrelet
> > Horned Lark
> > American Goldfinch
> >
> > If you see (or have seen) any of these species within the SF Count circle (goes south as far as SFO/Crystal Springs/Pacifica) please let me know so I can add to the tally.
> >
> > Siobhan Ruck

Join us on Facebook!