Date: 12/28/17 4:47 pm
From: Joe Roller <jroller9...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Re: T√łnnessen's next?
The topic of "what will be the next addition to the Colorado State List"
has been thoughtfully
covered in at least two articles over the years in Colorado Birds (nee'
Journal of the CFO).

If someone can post that article, I'm sure it would be of widespread
interest. As I recall, someone
predicted the Brown Booby and others predicted Sandwich and Sooty Tern. It
is fascinating reading.
Some of the most prominent predictions were Black Vulture (Yes) and Cactus
Wren (not yet).

I recall that a CFO goal was to make the articles searchable on line and
hope that is being worked on.
If not now, who could take the lead on this, among all of the keen CFO
members? Once the articles
are completely on line, one can read what Ted Floyd is referring to, as
well as the sightings of
Black-tailed Gnatcatcher with photo documentation.

Just to pique interest, Pileated Woodpecker is slowly breeding higher up
the Arkansas River and has
reached the middle of Kansas by now.

Joe Roller, Denver