Date: 12/28/17 7:35 am
From: Matt Kalwasinski <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] 12/27/17 - Two Lake County sites
Yesterday, 12/27/17, Idecided to check Jeorse Park and scan the Beemsterboer Tract/Grand CalumetRiver, and the first bird that I saw after leaving the house was an adult BaldEagle soaring overhead. A nice way to start the morning. Jeorse had a goodnumber of ducks including a female Long-tailed Duck. The highlight atBeemsterboer was a single Wilson’s Snipe; first seen flying over the river andthen foraging along the riverbank. Below are my complete lists.

Matt Kalwasinski

1251 River Dr, Hammond US-IN (41.5726,-87.4975),Lake, Indiana, US

Dec 27, 2017 9:34 AM

Protocol: Incidental

1 species

Bald Eagle  1   Adult soaring overhead

169th and Cline Avenue, Lake,Indiana, US

Dec 27, 2017 9:42 AM

Protocol: Incidental

1 species

Red-shoulderedHawk  1    Perched

Jeorse Park, Lake, Indiana, US

Dec 27, 2017 9:53 AM -10:42 AM

Protocol: Traveling

0.45 mile(s)

14 species (+1 othertaxa)

Mallard  5

Canvasback  1 - Female

Redhead  147  - Single scan moving left to right

Greater Scaup  153

Lesser Scaup  8

Greater/LesserScaup  55

Long-tailed Duck 1  -  Female

Common Goldeneye 19

Common Merganser 21

Red-breastedMerganser  31

American Coot  4

Ring-billed Gull 22

Herring Gull  9

Rock Pigeon (FeralPigeon)  3

House Sparrow  27

Beemsterboer Tract (TNC), Lake, Indiana, US

Dec 27, 2017 11:05 AM -11:28 AM

Protocol: Stationary

Comments:   Scanning from the footbridge that runs parallel with Cline Avenue

15 species

Canada Goose  37

Gadwall  5

Mallard  17

Bufflehead  2

Common Goldeneye  5

Hooded Merganser  9

Common Merganser  4

Pied-billed Grebe 1

Wilson's Snipe 1 -   First seen flying across the river and landed along the bank ofthe river

Herring Gull  13

Rock Pigeon (FeralPigeon)  4

Blue Jay  1

American TreeSparrow  2