Date: 12/27/17 10:28 pm
From: Blake Matheson <gypaetusbarbatus1...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Mty Peninsula Christmas Bird Count: 12/27, Prelim. Results
Greetings

Our 118 annual Audubon Christmas Bird Count was held today on the Monterey
Peninsula under mild, dry conditions. Our preliminary count total is 184- 4
birds above or 25 year average of 180 birds. Highlights included:
FORK-TAILED STORM-PETREL from the Point Pinos Seawatch; a TUFTED PUFFIN
from our CBC Boat; 2 SUMMER TANAGERS in Pacific Grove, including a male
spending its 5th winter; a PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER near Asilomar Rocky
Shores, and our YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT, spending its second winter at Laguna
Grande Park. Many thanks to all who participated, who made dinner, and to
Dr. Ron Branson, for whom this was his 57th consecutive Christmas Bird
Count.

Wishing you bird-rich New Year,

Blake

--