Date: 12/27/17 2:47 pm
From: Pete Janzen <pete.janzen...>
Subject: Re: Snowy Owl / Butler County
This Snowy Owl was still on the Butler Co watershed pond dam at turnpike mile marker 78 as reported earlier in the day by Bob at 3:45 pm. It was on the ground and then flew up to the snag. I didn’t linger long because of the traffic. Thanks for the posts about this Owl. I was on the way home from work trip to Johnson Co that was mainly a waste of time and this was a nice way to end the day.

Pete Janzen Wichita KS
Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 27, 2017, at 1:39 PM, Robert Gress <bobgress...> wrote:
>
> From Mile Marker 78 on the turnpike the bird is 1/4 mile south on a brush snag located on a pond dam. From the El Dorado State Park area the bird cannot be seen due to a small hill. -Bob Gress
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Dec 27, 2017, at 10:09 AM, D & B Helmke <powercat.park...> wrote:
>>
>> Just saw my first Snowy Owl between Kansas Turnpike MP 78 and 79, on east side , sitting on a fence post, not far from El Dorado Reservoir.
>>
>> Doug Helmke
>> Tecumseh, KS
>> For KSBIRD-L archives or to change your subscription options, go to
>> https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
>> For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
>> http://www.ksbirds.org/KSBIRD-LGuidelines.htm
>> To contact a listowner, send a message to
>> mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>
>> Just saw my first Snowy Owl between Kansas Turnpike MP 78 and 79, on east side , sitting on a fence post, not far from El Dorado Reservoir.
>>
>> Doug Helmke
>> Tecumseh, KS
>> For KSBIRD-L archives or to change your subscription options, go to
>> https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
>> For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
>> http://www.ksbirds.org/KSBIRD-LGuidelines.htm
>> To contact a listowner, send a message to
>> mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>

> For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
> mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html