Date: 12/26/17 2:50 pm
From: Paul Brooks <paulbrooks27944...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Bald Eagles - Lock and Dam(and pool) 16
Went out to Lock and Dam 16 today to photograph the bald eagles. I was
astounded when I got there(2:30pm) to find 20-25 of them airborne and
actively fishing. As it drew closer to 3, I did a quick head count, or as
close as I could with multiple birds in the air, and came up with 54 Bald
Eagles in trees(42 mature, 10 juveniles, 2 sub-adults), and 22 in the
air(20 adults, 1 sub-adult, 1 juvenile. This gives a total of 76 bald
eagles, which is higher than any count that we had last year at this
location.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Xx3VAXiE9qc/WkLR581LLgI/AAAAAAAAGn0/Fcaem3yXQIYNYO2qkuC1CN-e-QCY62vKACLcBGAs/s1600/_DSC5333.jpg>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-b7Oaym_KxB0/WkLSAC4Y-WI/AAAAAAAAGn4/ablDpdeNWl4sVfvumt8eRVV7nxVYa5cVwCLcBGAs/s1600/_DSC5340.jpg>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1rWESM5sQEk/WkLSDp_-HzI/AAAAAAAAGn8/m6Mow3uGHEE_o1lEW3L7MZUjLZmWNR2ygCLcBGAs/s1600/_DSC5352.jpg>