Date: 12/26/17 12:47 pm
From: 'The \Nunn Guy\' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Harris's Hawk Seen [Larimer]
Hi all

I finally got best looks (so far) at Harris' Hawk today from noon-1PM along
with seven other interested birders. "Crappy" photos here:

-
http://coloradobirder.club/m/photos/browse/album/Running-Deer-Natural-Area-Fort-Collins/

It mainly hung out in large field near motorcycle business north of
Prospect Road on I25 Frontage Road. Seen on fence line along irrigation
ditch chasing mallards; seen in the low shrubs nearest motorcycle
business-perched very low could only see by parking right before the sewer
drainage near the motorcycle driveway. Also, seen in trees along west side
of motorcycle business close to the building. It eventually lifted off,
soared for a bit across I25 then circled around and veered towards Visitor
Center.

Also, saw 2-3 Red-taileds in same area perched as well as two Great Horned
Owls perched low in same area.

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn

http://coloradobirder.club/