Date: 12/26/17 9:54 am
From: nicholas via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: Re: [Va-bird] No Snowy Owl at West Point Today
Yesterday, Elisa and I looked for the Snowy Owl at the docks near the intersection of Kirby and 1st, in the afternoon (after about 4pm). We could not find the owl and even asked a resident, who said the owl hadn't been seen all day, about it. On our way out, we saw the owl on a dilapidated dock off the northeast end of 5th Street. This was at about 4:45pm. The bird soon flew toward the tip of the peninsula and perched on a tall, thin pole that was barely in view. We were lucky to have chanced upon seeing the owl.

Nick Flanders

Portsmouth, VA