Date: 12/25/17 10:37 am
From: patschlarbaum <patschlarbaum...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] Lock & Dam 13 Bald Eagles
Yes Eric, Clinton Bald Eagle event at their community college is oldest Eagle Watch on the River, 35 years, Jan. 6

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Eric Ollie <uphawkeye...> Date: 12/25/17 8:44 AM (GMT-06:00) To: Iowabirds <ia-bird...>, Eric Ollie <uphawkeye...> Subject: [ia-bird] Lock & Dam 13 Bald Eagles
This morning a quick scan produced ~40 Bald Eagles at Lock & Dam 13, near Clinton. There is still a bit of open water on the river, so the eagle concentration isn't at its height yet.
I have seen eagle numbers ~300 at LD13 when the river fully  freezes up.
Clinton Bald Eagle Day is (I believe) Saturday, January 6th. If this cold weather keeps up, it should be quite a show!
Eric Ollie Ames

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ia-bird/CABD_q6xcFnG4VJxG32cfH8Xc9fraE8oGdOtkwYdtER%<2By8pmpBw...>