Date: 12/23/17 12:28 pm
From: Diane L via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Pine Warbler - Madison Run Fire Rd, Shenandoah NP today (Rockingham)
Hoping for Pine Siskins, Greg Moyers and sorted through a small goldfinch flock.  No luck on the siskins, but we were pleasantly surprised to find a Pine Warbler in the mix.  With lots of yellow and very little streaking, it appeared to be an adult male.
Other species included YB Sapsucker; Golden-crowned Kinglet; and at least two winter wrens, one briefly singing (love their song!)   No Blue-headed Vireos this time...two were found here on Dec. 3.
Our hike covered the roughly 2-mile stretch of fire road that parallels Madison Run (entry is at Park's western boundary, east of Grottoes.)
Diane LepkowskiHarrisonburg