Date: 12/22/17 1:41 pm
From: Susan Schaezler <susan...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: 4 Zonotrichia daily @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary, Cibolo/Schertz
Love discussions—thanks everyone!
Greetings Susan:

Feel free to pass this along to one and all but the four zono day is certainly doable in northwestern Oregon and southeastern Washington - where White-throated, White-crowned, and Golden-crowned are regular in winter and Harris's is casual. What would be even more exciting would be the five zono day!

Fat Tony; Lubbock - originally from the Pacific Northwest

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org, http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L213585?yr=cur
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS

> On Dec 22, 2017, at 3:30 PM, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...> wrote:
>
> Greetings Susan:
>
> Feel free to pass this along to one and all but the four zono day is certainly doable in northwestern Oregon and southeastern Washington - where White-throated, White-crowned, and Golden-crowned are regular in winter and Harris's is casual. What would be even more exciting would be the five zono day!
>
> Fat Tony; Lubbock - originally from the Pacific Northwest
>
>> On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Susan Schaezler <susan...> wrote:
>> 4 Zonotrichia daily @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary, Cibolo/Schertz
>> I asked many this question and only Joe ventured an answer—Mel Cooksey visited yesterday to get this bird and wrote today the answer to my question—posted with his permission
>>
>> “Susan,
>> I puzzled over your question re: finding 4 Zonotrichias in one spot: I did some study on this
>> for awhile this morning, and it appears the only place one might reasonably expect to find
>> all four might be Banff National Park, in western Alberta, probably in May. Harris’s would be
>> a fairly common migrant, the others would be breeders, all arriving early, with Golden-crowned
>> being limited in numbers as it would be at the eastern edge of its range.
>>
>> Mel “
>>
>> Our Golden-Crowned Sparrow continues since Joel C. Williams found it a week ago Monday—more jumpy the last two days with hawk activity. To visit, get your request in asap—it is a locked gate that you need to arrange to visit
>>
>> to visit: http://www.warblerwoods.org/visitor-instructions.html
>>
>> Susan Schaezler
>> WarblerWoods.org, http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L213585?yr=cur
>> 501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
>> Lone Star Land Steward Winner 2011. GCBO Site Partner
>> Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS
>> Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at
>> http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds
>>
>> Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking permission
>> from the List Owner

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!