Date: 12/21/17 9:04 am
From: Kenneth Kinman <kinman...>
Subject: Re: Finch vs titmouse
Being a carnivorous bird (at least sometimes), it was probably testing the finch to see how strong it was. They mainly attack weaker birds. Here is a weblink to a youtube video of such an attack, but be forewarned that the images are rather graphic towards the end. That is followed by a weblink to an article about such attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGpqOGWpK3E

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoology/great-tits-still-flesh-rending-predators/

--------------Ken Kinman, Hays, Kansas