Date: 12/6/17 8:21 pm
From: Tim Bray <tbray...> [Mendobirds] <Mendobirds-noreply...>
Subject: [Mendobirds] Ancient Murrelets and Rock Sandpiper
6 December 2017 - Chris Lamoreaux called me (amazing, for those whoÂ
know him) to report seeing numerous Ancient Murrelets very close to
shore at the Mendocino Headlands. He also saw others close in at
Ward Avenue, with a possible Marbled Murrelet as well.

The last time I remember seeing that was late November 2014, when the
"wreck" of Cassin's Auklets was getting under way. It may be a
harbinger of poor offshore ocean conditions, or just a side-effect of
the high pressure and balmy weather..

Also at Ward Avenue beach, Chris found a Rock Sandpiper and got very
close scope views.

--
Cheers,
Tim

__._,_.___

Listowners: mailto:<MENDOBIRDS-owner...>
Membership and set your mail option to No Email. Or, send a blank
email to these addresses:
Turn off email delivery: mailto:<MENDOBIRDS-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<MENDOBIRDS-normal...>

[IMAGE]

Visit Your Group

Yahoo! Groups • Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

Join us on Facebook!